Your 5-minute fixer uppers are back this week with a brand new instalment ready to get your hair looking gawg. This week there’s definitely some spring in the air and jaunt in our step as we’re feeling the love for the quiff. That’s right, quiffs are back and they rule. Time to bust out your inner, way cooler Elvis.
Quiffs are great on long hair, short hair, girls and boys. Seen at Roberto Cavalli and Simone Rocha on the catwalks, we’re loving watching this season’s quirkiest hair trend take its frow seat again. Ready to get prepped? Well then, take your virtual seat at the salon and here’s the go-to list what you need to get that quiff game strong.
• Kevin.Murphy Body.Builder mousse
• Round hairbrush
• Damp hair
• Kevin.Murphy hairspray
• Hairband if you have long hair
• Princess Juice (ok, ok, maybe you don’t need wine)
And, for The Perfect Quiff According to Daniel, here’s what you do.
1. If you don’t have a fringe – using grips start by sectioning a piece of your hair at the front. Leave the sides, you’ll need to do something else with those later. This top section is what’s going to create your quiff.
2. Apply the Kevin.Murphy mousse to damp hair, and working in sections from the back of your hair to the front, dry hair with your round hairbrush, taking care to lift hair up and to the side at the crown.
3. Tip: If you’ve got lots of hair you might need to give it a bit of grip at the back, otherwise, spray with Kevin.Murphy’s super hold hairspray to give it some staying power.
We think quiffs work best if you slick back the sides, too – and they look fab with a pony. (Not an actual pony, tsk)
One last quick sigh at the beauty of Scarlett’s perfectly coiffed quiff and then we’re off. ‘Til next time, we hope you’re all staying gorgeous love L&W x