Hope on a Rope
The 5-minute fixer uppers
Got 5 mins to change your hair? Course! We’ve got some time-busting fashion-tastic tips and tricks for you to amp up your styling repetoire and get busy with new season fash. Welcome in the rope braid ponytail: seen here all over NY Fashion Week. So, if you’ve got long hair (we are sorry but it does need to be long to look good) that you’re always bunging in a bun or popping in a pony – then banish the boring and bring in the new twist – the new twisted pony.
Why we love it
We tend to put our hair up when it looks less than gorgeous, right? That means this style is great for days when you’re not feeling the love from your tendrils. If you’re on the losing end of being in between washes, first spray your roots with Kevin. Murphy Doo.Over – it’s a brand new product just in the salon with dry shampoo built-in – ready to keep your locks and those bad hair days well under control.
- Comb all your hair back to meet at the centre back of your head – this gives the requisite height you need for a neater lift.
- Put in your first hairband to secure, and twist round some hair to cover.
- Separate your locks into two, equally sized pieces.
- Comb and start twisting the first. When you’ve reached the end, secure the rope twist in place with a bobby pin or useful friend/parent/neighbour because you’ll need both hands free start work on the remaining piece.
- Repeat, gently twisting your other one to the end.
- Then bring both strands together and curl ‘til you can’t curl no more, secure with a band and voila. A classic ponytail with a twist.
For shine, spritz on some Kevin. Murphy Anti.Gravity.Spray before you start. It’s all about reinforcing shine with lots of lovely organic lavender so it smells fab, too. And you might want to hairspray those escapey-bits if you want to be totally on fleek with your sleek. We love a bit of Session.Spray.
Now we have to give you another taste of Gucci as this hit of geek chic is totally up our High Street.
‘Til next time lovelies, L&W x